Table of contents
Generative AI is transforming how we approach creative labor and knowledge work.According to Sequoia Capital, the technology has the potential to make workers at least 10% or more efficient and/or creative. PwC predicts that global GDP could be up to 14% higher in 2030 due to AI, which represents an addition of $15.7 trillion.
The leading generative AI tools such as ChatGPT, Chatsonic, Bing AI, and Google Bard AI are being used in practically every industry to initiate conversations --sales, marketing, social media, advertising, coding, gaming, architecture, product design, graphic design, and even law.
Amid the disruption by ChatGPT and its alternatives like Chatsonic, one specific marketing use case rapidly implemented is the use of AI chatbots to boost SEO efforts.
To learn more about the applications of AI chatbots for SEO and content marketing, we hosted a webinar with the international SEO consultant Aleyda Solis on how to leverage AI chatbots to create a better SEO & content strategy...
We’ve compiled this guide on how to use generative AI chatbots like ChatGPT and Chatsonic to boost your SEO efforts. Here's a sneak peek...
Let’s start by understanding the difference between the leading AI chatbots.
ChatGPT vs Bing AI vs Google Bard vs ChatSonic
ChatGPT, Bing AI, Google Bard, and Chatsonic use natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning (ML) techniques to interact with users.
The most notable differences between these generative AI tools are:
Aleyda gave a screenshot comparing the results of conversations with Bing Chat and Google Bard.
Looking at the present functionalities of different conversational chatbots, ChatGPT and Chatsonic emerge as clear winners regarding the quality of conversations.
Solis says, “All these bots can sometimes make factual errors, but Bard was the least reliable of the three. Bing is more consistent and to the point.”
In a nutshell, AI chatbots eliminate the need for human intervention during content production, enabling brands to produce high-quality content at scale with minimal effort.
Now this brings us to a critical question: What is Google’s stance on AI-generated content? Can AI content be used to fuel your SEO strategy?
Google’s policy around AI-generated content
Google has recently released a statement clarifying its position on AI-generated content. The search giant recognizes that not all AI content is spam. For example, AI is used to generate weather forecasts, webinar transcripts, and sports scores.
Content that is “original, high-quality, people-first” will find success in Google Search--AI-generated or not.
Google’s search quality rater guidelines that talk of E-A-T, have now gained an E for “experience.” It says, “Consider the extent to which the content creator has the necessary first-hand or life experience for the topic. Many types of pages are trustworthy and achieve their purpose well when created by people with a wealth of personal experience.
For example, which would you trust: a product review from someone who has personally used the product or a “review” by someone who has not?”
Thus, the content must demonstrate first-hand experience of the topic.
Of course, we need to find a balance between using AI content (which tends to lack emotion and personalization) and developing our own voice. We must leverage our experience to provide unique insights that will differentiate our brand from others.
Coming to the next section of the webinar, Solis talks about how to obtain accurate output from AI chatbots.
How to obtain high-quality output from AI chatbots?
With developments in automation and natural language processing, AI chatbots are much more capable of meeting user expectations and desired quality in terms of output.
There are several ways this can be done; Solis outlines steps for obtaining high-quality outputs from generative AI tools in the section below:
Clear and concise prompts as inputs - 5Ws and the H
Using the “5Ws and the H” framework, we can create AI prompts that generate results that won’t require several iterations.
- What is the expected task? Define the main action of the task.
- Where is it going to be used? Define in which (digital) location the task will be used.
- How are the characteristics of the task? Define the structure, length, language, tone, format, constraints, etc. of the task.
- Who is the target audience?
- When is it going to be used? Define the timing of the task.
- Why do you want to use it? Define the desired goal of the task.
For example, Solis fed this prompt into Chatsonic:
“Create 5 title tags to be featured in a white jeans category page.
- The characteristics to take into account are the following: descriptive, in English, relevant, engaging, and following SEO best practices, of no more than 50 characters each.
- The target audience is potential jeans buyers.
- To be used on an ongoing basis with the goal to engage the audience and rank better in search results.”
The results were...
Expert output validation and edition
While the use of ChatGPT for SEO is gaining acceptance, it is important to remember raw AI-generated content should not be published without human oversight.
Common pitfalls of such content are factual inaccuracy, unhelpfulness, or unoriginality, which can lead to a breach of trust, negative customer experiences, and reduced engagement.
By validating the output of AI chatbots and enlisting the help of a subject matter expert to ensure accuracy, we can improve its quality and effectiveness.
Solis also recommends that we follow Aleksandr Tiulkanov’s ChatGPT flowchart to fact-check AI-generated content before publishing it.
In addition to this, understand what AI chatbots are capable of. Data science, ML, and SEO expert Britney Muller summarizes this perfectly in her tweet.
With the right prompts, conversational AI chatbots can be trained to write factual and trending content at pace. Let’s see how you can do so using ChatGOT alternative ChatSonic.
Chatsonic for SEO
Chatsonic is a powerful conversational AI chatbot powered by GPT-4 and integrated with Google Search, which overcomes a major limitation of OpenAI's ChatGPT i.e. its training data cut-off of September 2021.
ChatSonic is the epitome of the AI chatbot ecosystem. It quickly gives you the words you need to express your ideas, generates Facebook ad copy or digital marketing strategies with ease, creates realistic AI graphics, and even produces human conversations for customer support operations.
ChatSonic’s key features are:
• Creating original, plagiarism-free content that saves time and effort.
• Generating accurate, up-to-date content, including real-time factual information.
• Integration with two AI image generators - Stable Diffusion and DALL-E - to generate realistic, stunning, and unique images relevant to your content.
• Creating the most relevant, personalized content experience using over 15 avatars ranging from travel advisors to stand-up comedians and poets to astrologers.
• Voice recognition with the aid of NLP, which saves you the effort of typing out huge prompts. ChatSonic also responds like Siri or Google Assistant.
• A Twitter bot that delivers prompt and up-to-date replies to your Twitter questions. Type your question, tag @ChatSonicAI, and the bot does its magic!
• Generating content from anywhere on the internet via the ChatSonic Chrome extension. Open the ChatSonic Chrome extension by pressing CMD (icon)+M.
• Integrating and linking ChatSonic API with your website or mobile app to leverage the benefits of generative AI.
Chatsonics’s use cases for SEO
Here are some of the exciting ways in which Chatsonic's AI chatbot helps you build an effective SEO strategy:
- Generate relevant topics for a targeted keyword
ChatSonic Prompt: Provide a list of the top 10 ranking blogs on the keyword <ChatGPT for Marketing>. Mention URL.
2. Generate ideas for blog posts
ChatSonic Prompt: Suggest blog topic ideas for “Creating Content Marketing Surveys” that will rank on Google.
3. Generate detailed outlines for blog posts
ChatSonic Prompt: Write a detailed blog outline on the topic "Why & How to Create Content Marketing Surveys" with H2, H3, subheadings, and bullet points.
4. Create an introduction for a blog post with accurate, up-to-date facts
ChatSonic Prompt: Write an introduction for a blog with statistics, facts, trends, and data on the topic 'Generative AI’
5. Generate keyword-optimized meta descriptions
ChatSonic Prompt: Write a meta description on the topic “<ChatGPT Alternatives>”
6. Generate user-friendly URLs
ChatSonic Prompt: Write user-friendly URLs for this keyword on the domain <writesonic.com> for the following keywords - <Notion AI Alternatives>
7. Generate topics for video creation
ChatSonic Prompt: Generate five video topics for this particular query ‘How to Use ChatGPT for Email’ and mention what to cover in each video.
8. Generate hashtags to optimize videos for YouTube
ChatSonic Prompt: Generate hashtags to optimize these 5 video topics on YouTube.
9. Creating a content brief to share with writers
ChatSonic Prompt: Generate content brief for long-form content (3k words) for a blog about ‘What is ChatGPT4?’ and optimize it for organic search, including descriptive content with semantically relevant keywords. This guide should only include unique content with expert advice and reviews about the product.
10. Generating title tags
ChatSonic Prompt: Suggest 5 title tags for a guide about “GPT-4 vs. GPT-3” without copying tags from other top-ranking pages from this search topic.
11. Generating product descriptions
Prompt: Provide me a 500-word product description based on the top-ranking pages on “Sony WH1000-XM5.”
12. Generating a list of FAQs for web pages
Prompt: Generating FAQs for a landing page about “ChatGPT for Content Marketing.”
If you’re a content marketer, writer, SEO expert, or digital marketing consultant, imagine how ChatSonic’s GPT-4 powered AI chatbot could help you create multiple content formats to support your SEO strategy.
The GPT API tool serves as your virtual personal assistant, your editor, your content marketer, your social media manager, or your customer support provider.
That’s Chatsonic for you - a generative AI chatbot built to overcome the limitations of ChatGPT. It understands voice commands, too, and responds in much the same way as Siri does. No more tedious typing. Speak, and you will find the (high-quality, accurate) answers you want.
Let us conclude with this small clip from the webinar where Aleyda answers some questions from the audience...
If you’re inspired by our webinar with Aleyda Solis, we recommend trying out those prompts on Chatsonic to boost your SEO and content strategy.
Chatsonic’s factual, original content output will help you stand out from the competition. Say hello to the future of AI chatbots, built to overcome the limitations of ChatGPT.
Strengthen your SEO strategy and elevate your content game now!