Table of contents
The amount of content each of us is creating to build an online presence - either for ourselves or our clients/organizations, is staggering, and there is no way the trend is going to slow down in the near future.
This means marketers and writers need to constantly come up with a wide range of copies on a regular basis without missing the beat.
It sounds exhausting, right?
But that is the life of every marketer and writer in the digital marketing business. You can keep doing this forever, in the traditional way. Alternatively, you can use AI writers to create high-quality content ranging from blogs, ad copies, social media posts, and beyond: within seconds.
Table Of Contents
Why do you need an AI writer?
AI writing tools generate content significantly faster than human writers. The speed of content creation is one of the great benefits of using AI writers.
From researching a topic to writing a two-page article would take a human anytime between 30-60 minutes, while AI writing assistants do this in minutes. Consider the scalability of work when you multiply this writing efficiency by the number of articles to be written at any given time.
The other benefits of AI writers for marketers and content creators are:
- For trending topics, high speed-to-market
- Localization of content in regional languages
- Personalizing social media copies for each platform
- AI writers help overcome writer’s block, spark ideas for content development, and develop detailed outlines
Intrigued by the benefits and efficiency of AI writers? Let’s see what each tool has to offer to writers and marketers.
Top 8 AI writers and marketers should try in 2022
Let us take a look at some of the best AI writers of 2022 for marketers and writers available that can provide the best value for your bucks.
Writesonic is one of the leading AI writer tools available currently. It can handle most types of content - from ad copy and landing pages to product descriptions and everything in between effortlessly.
Techradar has declared Writesonic as the "Best AI Writer for 2022". In the year 2021 also, Techradar had declared Writesonic as the "Best AI Writer for 2021". Techradar is one of the best US-based platforms that provides news and reviews of tech products and gadgets.
The main focus of the Writesonic tool is writing high-performing copies that not only grab and sustain the attention of your reader but also convert. The AI writing assistant can write SEO-optimized long-form blog posts and articles (upto 1500 words) within seconds.
And this makes a valuable addition to have in a writer’s arsenal and to marketing teams and agencies. If you are a solopreneur or a small business that does not have your own marketing team, Writesonic can save you money and effort in multi-folds. If that has not convinced you, here are a few more special features that can help you make your choice.
- Writesonic comes with 60+ tools to start the creative juice to flow and to fasten your content generation process on the whole.
- Writesonic just needs less than a minute to generate 1500+ word articles. Talk about speed, right?
- You can edit the article generated with the Sonic Editor feature and refine them to suit your needs.
- You can save 20+ hours each week by using the 70+ custom content templates that are designed particularly for your brand.
- With a touch of a button, Writesonic exports the article directly to WordPress and you can publish it right away.
- Zapier integration ensures that you can connect the Writesonic software with more than 4000 apps without any code. Furthermore, you can integrate Writesonic API into your own app system without using the web app.
- Writesonic’s bulk upload feature generates content in one go in bulk without having to perform repetitive actions.
- Manually finding images to go with your articles belongs to the past. Now with Writesonic, you can have auto-generated unique AI images ready to be integrated with your content.
Writesonic offers great value for money, being two times more cost-efficient than its competitor. Besides, it does not require users to have a credit card, which makes it more accessible than Jasper. Furthermore, it provides other advanced features such as automatic image insertion, bulk generation, and API, making it a superior choice to Jasper. A comparison for few important items of Writesonic and Jasper is as under:
(i) In monthly plan: Writesonic is 2X cheaper: Jasper's basic long-form plan starts from $49 and provides a maximum of 40000 words, whereas Writesonic's initial plan is $19 and allows 19000 words, but if you opt for their $49 package, you will get 75,000 words.
(ii) In annual plan: Writesonic is 4X cheaper: Jasper offers only a 17% discount on its annual plan (2 months free), whereas Writesonic offers a 33% discount on its annual plan (four months are free).
Writesonic has 10,000+ ratings on G2, Caperra, Trustpilot, etc., while Jasper has only 3000+ ratings.
Writesonic has 90+ features, while Jasper has 50+ features.
Writesonic integrates with WordPress, Wix, Medium, and Zapier, which enables users to publish their content instantly, while Jasper lacks these integrations.
Credit card for Free Trial:
A credit card is a must for Jasper, while not required for Writesonic.
How Writesonic is better than Copy AI
Writesonic offers greater value for your money compared to Copy AI. The added features include the ability to automatically insert images, bulk production, and API access. Additionally, it integrates with WordPress and Zapier, allowing you to publish content quickly to popular CMS platforms. Surfer integration also helps to ensure your content is SEO optimized for better rankings on Google. Moreover, Writesonic has a significantly higher number of 5-star reviews on sites like G-2, Capterra, and TrustPilot.
If you’re looking for an all-in-one tool to handle your content creation process, this AI writer is the best choice.
Writesonic's key characteristics involve:
AI Article & Blog Writer
👉🏻 Article writer 3.0 - You simply have to enter the topic, and Article Writer 3.0 will provide you with a 1500-word article, along with the idea, outline, and introduction. All of these are customizable.
👉🏻 Instant article writer - If you need a 1500-word blog post quickly, you can use the Instant Article Writer. Simply type in the topic, and you will get an immediate article.
👉🏻 Sonic editor (GPT-3) - creates unique content based on your specifications. You can teach the AI by inputting more than 20 words to see how well it can generate long-form, high-quality content regardless of length.
👉🏻 Article Rewriter - gives you a fresh article with just a single click. All you have to do is add the URL of the article you want to rework, and you'll have a totally original, non-plagiarized article in no time!
Integration: Writesonic offers a WordPress Integration that allows users to export to a WordPress site with just one click. Additionally, by utilizing Zapier, customers can easily join Writesonic with more than 4000 apps without the need to code.
Landing page generator: Furthermore, the landing page generator helps businesses create entire landing pages with code in only 30 seconds, assisting them to convert leads and sales in a flash.
Most of these AI writers, including Copy.ai are based on the same technology Open AI’s GPT-3, which is state-of-the-art technology. Copy.ai does it all but is perfect for any form of short copy, from Facebook ad copy to social media copy and landing page copy.
The short-form copies you can generate with Copy.ai AI writer include:
- Digital ad copies
- eCommerce copies
- Sales copies
- Website copies
- Social media ads
In addition to this, users can leverage several free copywriting tools to power their marketing efforts. Some of these free AI tools worth trying are:
- Instagram caption generator
- Sentence rewriter
- Paragraph generator and rewriter
- CTA generator
- Blog post ideas generator
When you are stuck for ideas or looking to improve your writing skills by practicing with different copywriting prompts, Copy.ai is the best tool.
Select the type of copy you want to create, add the context in a few lines and Copy.ai provides you with multiple options for each campaign.
- Copy.ai can generate 10 unique copies at a time, giving you many options to choose from.
- Powered with grammar checks and multi-language support, Copy.ai is on par with many other AI content generators in the price range.
- Where Copy.ai shines is its simple and intuitive interface that makes it easy for anyone to start writing right away. There is almost no learning curve involved
- This AI writer comes with more than 90 templates, you can say goodbye to creative blocks as their tagline boosts.
- Copy.ai is not always accurate and needs several attempts, especially when it comes to long-form copywriting.
Feature-wise comparison of Writesonic and Copy AI
Jasper (formerly known as Jarvis) is one of the first AI-powered content generators, is incredibly user-friendly, and has a wide range of features for content creation and automation for marketing purposes.
What makes Jasper a widely used AI writer is the fact that it works with several tools that content writers and marketers would find useful. They include:
- Surfer SEO - Jasper’s Starter Plan does not include this integration. The tool is built into Jasper’s interface and works seamlessly, and is available in the Boss Mode plan. Surfer SEP helps optimize content for SEO.
- Grammarly - This integration gives useful suggestions to improve your writing.
- Copyscape - While the integrated plagiarism checker saves time, it is important to note that plagiarism checks are optional and cost $0.03 for the first 200 words and $0.01 for additional 100 words.
- With more than 25 language options, you can create content in the language of your preference.
- Jasper helps you create copies that follow the marketing frameworks like AIDA and PAS.
- Jasper’s intuitive interface is easy to navigate and doesn’t need any special training to begin using it.
- With more than 50 templates, Jasper can inspire you out of writer’s block and help you brainstorm various ideas in a jiffy.
- You can generate up to 10 results at a time. And if you are not satisfied with them, you can create another 10 of them until you are happy with them.
- When Jasper spins the content from scratch, there are chances that some of them are flat-out irrelevant or do not make sense at all, and you have to redo them. But you do have other choices to choose from.
- Users have complained that the copy gets repetitive, especially when you are generating bulk content. To create diverse results, you need to tweak the copy manually. You can have a look at Jasper AI alternatives for a better writing assistant.
Tip - The pre-built workflows in Jasper make content creation easier. The major drawback is that Jasper’s AI writer will repeat some ideas if you don’t give clear instructions. Instead, try Writesonic - Writesonic vs Jarvis/Jasper details for you.
As per G2, Writesonic is the number #1 alternative and competitor to Jasper as Writesonic has more than 2X reviews than Jasper.
Rytr is a jack-of-all-trades kind of AI writer, but it specializes in short-form content only. It can create copies for social media, website landing pages, or even product descriptions. If you need help developing ideas and getting the ball rolling, Ryter is the AI writer that generates quality content quickly and easily.
By offering a balance between an easy-to-use interface and accurate predictions, Rytr AI writer is a great tool for writers and marketers looking to get the most out of their AI writing assistant.
- Rytr can rephrase already written content and is a lifesaver if you are looking to refurbish your existing content. It can also shorten or expand existing content in a few minutes.
- It also has a built-in grammar check and plagiarism tool to help you keep your content generation process smoother.
- Rytr allows input in 30+ languages and can generate content based on them easily.
- It also has an API option to integrate with your own apps without having to use their web app.
- Inferior quality - You would need to dedicate time editing the article, especially when you are writing blog posts. The sentences are confusing and the AI-generated content lacks a natural flow.
Frase is a powerful AI content generator that helps content strategists, writers, and marketers research, write, and optimize content. The software combines the benefits of a quick content generator and an SEO tool, helping marketers ensure their writing is aligned with business goals.
For busy content marketers looking to go from creating a brief to publishing articles quickly, Frase is an excellent choice.
- It can generate a content outline for any topic by analyzing the first 20 SERP results. This can be a powerful arsenal for writing long-form content and ranking high in the search results.
- From Quora to Reddit, Frase’s AI will research and provide vital information on the keyword ranking, monthly search volume, and map out what works for your competitors and what does not.
- It is a great tool for writing FAQ sections and long-form articles.
- Frase’s research stops at what your competitors do to rank in the SERP. It is not very helpful when you want to write an original topic in your niche.
- It doesn’t do a good job when it comes to the introduction and conclusion parts of the article.
#6. Smart Copy by Unbounce
Smart Copy by Unbounce is being used by over 1,00,000 writers and marketers to ideate, iterate, and write custom high-quality copy for websites, blogs, landing pages, and ad copies among many others.
- It has multiple pre-built templates to address the various forms of writing that come up in marketing:
- Email templates
- Product descriptions
- Blog templates
- Website templates
- Ad templates
- Brand templates
- The blog outline feature helps to structure your article based on SEO rank and monthly search volume. It is a great tool to brainstorm content ideas.
- If you want to refurbish an existing article or expand it, the remix tool would be a lifesaver.
- When it comes to creating long-form content, Smart Copy’s AI writer is not as evolved as Writesonic or Jasper.
Although Wordtune is often mentioned as an AI writer, it is more of a Grammarly alternative. The AI writing assistant checks your Grammarly and helps you rewrite and improve your copy to match the tone and flow you’re looking to achieve.
- Wordtune’s AI goes beyond grammar and semantics. It helps you rephrase or find specific words for your content to make it sound better.
- Are you looking to change the tone from casual to a more formal language? Wordtune can help you with that.
- Wordtune can be installed on browsers as an extension and can be used on Google Docs and Microsoft Word directly.
- It is essentially a paraphrasing tool and can not help you with writing new content.
- It is available only in English and does not offer any templates or use cases. In other words, Wordtune helps you polish existing content.
Pricing - Free and paid
#8. Content Box AI
Content Box AI is a comprehensive and flexible AI writing software that can be used in multiple content strategy implementations. It is an AI-powered Chrome Extension that can help you write content based on the inputs, in different voices.
The three ways in which you can use Content Box AI writer are:
- Complete your text by rewriting or restructuring complete sentences without losing their meaning.
- Elaborate on your ideas and generate an interesting angle.
- Summarize your work by taking into consideration the crux of the topic.
- Content Box AI is a copywriter-friendly AI tool that can help you write copies for everything from social media posts to client pitches within minutes.
- It is a Chrome Extension and can be installed very easily and put to use within seconds.
- It also has a paraphrasing tool built in that may come in handy when you want to repurpose existing articles.
- The integrated grammar check tool can save you the time and effort needed to use another tool to check the output.
- ContentBox AI may not work for you if you are looking for multi-language support, as it currently supports only English.
With the vast improvement in AI-powered technologies in the past few years, it is currently almost impossible to tell the difference between human-written and machine-generated content. And to get such an effective result, you need to equip yourself with the best writing assistant software.
Choosing a suitable AI writer would come down to the type of content you are generating and the quality of content you are expecting out of the tool.
The capability to handle different types of content without any glitches would be the critical differentiator among these tools. And as of date, there are only a few tools like Writesonic that can do it all.