Table of contents
"Content is king," Bill Gates once said. But even a king needs allies to save his kingdom. Ever wondered how today's top brands produce a constant stream of high-quality content? The answer lies in the AI algorithms that are reshaping the content creation landscape.
As some study suggests, 52% of business leaders are using AI content generation tool as part of their content marketing strategy. Adding to that, the global AI writing market is expected to reach a staggering $126 billion by 2025.
Remember those days when writing a piece of content used to feel tedious?
From researching the topic ideas that resonate with your audience to writing something your users find valuable and engaging, it used to be a lot of work. Fast forward to today, AI writing tools are not just a reality but are setting new standards in content quality, efficiency, and creativity. They can draft, suggest, and even refine content.
But with the plethora of AI writing tools flooding the market and vying for attention, how do you choose the one that's right for you?
Here we will help you understand the magic behind AI writers while hand-picking the best AI writer tool for you. Let's get along with this content-packed guide ahead.
It's time to check out the top 10 AI writing tools that are shaping the way we write content.
Table Of Contents
What is an AI writer, and why do you need one?
AI writing software are applications powered by artificial intelligence (AI) designed to automate or assist the writing process. They can generate content, correct grammar, rephrase text, and even summarize lengthy articles.
AI article generators use natural language processing (NLP) algorithms, machine learning, and large language models (LLMs) to produce or enhance written content. They recognize patterns in vast datasets and use these patterns to analyze human inputs, generating outputs that resemble natural human language.
When it comes to content writing, AI writing tools generate content significantly faster than human writers. From researching a topic to writing a two-page article would take a human anytime between 30-60 minutes, while AI writers do this in minutes. Consider the scalability of work when you multiply this writing efficiency by the number of articles to be written at any given time.
The other benefits of AI writers for marketers and content creators are:
- High-speed-to-market content on trending topics
- Localization of content in regional languages
- Easy personalization of social media copies for each platform
- Ensure great scalability and cost-effectiveness
- AI writers help overcome writer’s block, spark ideas for content development, and develop detailed outlines
Intrigued by the benefits and efficiency of AI writers? Let’s see what each tool has to offer to writers and marketers.
Top 10 AI writers to Try
Let us take a look at some of the best AI writers for marketers and writers available that can provide the best value for your bucks.
Writesonic is your best AI writer tool that you can start using for free. The platform offers you 10,000 words of free text generation that renews every month. And, the best part? You don't even need to put your credit card online to get those words.
Writesonic can handle most types of content. From ad copy and landing pages to product descriptions, social media posts, and long-form content, the free AI writer tool can assist you with everything in between effortlessly.
Techradar has declared Writesonic as the "Best AI Writer for 2023". Before this, in the years 2022 and 2021 also, Techradar had declared Writesonic as the "Best AI Writer for 2022" and "Best AI Writer for 2021," respectively. TechRadar is one of the best US-based platforms that provides news and reviews of tech products and gadgets.
The main focus of the Writesonic tool is writing high-performing copies that not only grab and sustain the attention of your reader but also convert. The AI writing assistant can write SEO-optimized long-form blog posts and articles (up to 2500+ words) within seconds.
And this makes a valuable addition to have in a writer’s arsenal and to marketing teams and agencies. If you are a small or med sized business with not so big marketing team, Writesonic can save you tons of money and effort in multi-folds. Not convinced yet? Here are a few more special features of the best AI writer app to help you make your choice.
- Writesonic comes with 70+ tools to start the creative juice to flow and to fasten your content generation process on the whole.
- Article Writer 5.0 takes less than a minute to generate 2500+ word articles in your brand voice. Talk about speed, right? Creating a blog post has just become a matter of seconds now.
- The unique Brand voice feature lets you create and maintain your own unique brand identity across platforms.
- You can edit the article generated with the Sonic Editor feature and refine them to suit your needs.
- You can save 20+ hours each week using the 70+ custom content templates designed particularly for your brand.
- With a touch of a button, Writesonic exports the article directly to WordPress, and you can publish it right away.
- Zapier integration ensures that you can connect the Writesonic software with more than 4000 apps without any code. Furthermore, you can integrate Writesonic API into your own app system without using the web app.
- Writesonic’s bulk upload feature generates content in one go in bulk without having to perform repetitive actions.
- Manually finding images to go with your articles belongs to the past. Now with Writesonic, you can have auto-generated unique AI images ready to be integrated with your content.
- Chatsonic has superpowers above ChatGPT. In fact, ChatSonic is an AI chatbot that uses OpenAI's GPT-4 language models and the reinforcement learning method based on feedback from humans. It can comprehend natural language, generate responses to inquiries, and interactively respond to user input. Additionally, Chatsonic offers some more functionalities.
For example, integrated with Google Search, you can rely on Chatsonic to stay current with events and news, transform written text into art, and recognize voice commands. These features make Chatsonic more useful compared to ChatGPT.
Creating a high-quality SEO-optimized article that can out-rank your competitors is just a matter of seconds with Writesonic.
Follow the 5-step process below,
👉 Step 1:
Log into Writesonic and select "Article Writer 5.0" from the dashboard.
👉 Step 2:
Enter your desired topic or keyword. Then provide reference links or use the 'search articles' feature to find and select a relevant article.
👉 Step 3:
Specify additional details, desired keywords, tone of voice, content quality, and language.
👉 Step 4:
Click ‘Generate Article’ and review the word count and premium word charges in the pop-up. Confirm if it meets your criteria.
👉 Step 5:
Receive your AI-generated article. If adjustments are needed, use the ‘Regenerate’ option for a new version.
For further clarification, you can check out the video below.
At Writesonic, we use the application to scale our content marketing game. The application helps us throughout the publishing process, from research to the first draft. We create personalized users centric content across platforms using the suits of features that Writesonic brings for us. As a result,
Writesonic.com has an average engagement time of 3m 50s, which is a fairly good score per industry standards.🚀
Here is a glimpse of our achievements,
Writesonic has 10,000+ 5-star reviews across platforms like G2, Captera, and Trustpilot. Wondering what customers say about the AI writer? Check it out below,
Chatsonic, similar to ChatGPT, utilizes GPT-3 technology to deliver real-time responses to any query and engage in naturalistic conversations.
See how Chatsonic outperforms ChatGPT on various features to generate high-quality content.
Here's a preview of the amazing capabilities Chatsonic can bring to your content.
- Chatsonic provides up-to-date, accurate, and relevant information through its integration with Google Search. This enables the generation of unique content and AI-generated artwork.
- ChatSonic's integration with two AI models, stable diffusion and DALL-E, allows it to generate custom AI images that fit your content rather than relying on stock images. This approach is more efficient and effective.
- Chatsonic's persona mode allows you to create content that resonates with your target audience. By selecting a desired persona, Chatsonic adapts and generates content that aligns with that persona.
- Chatsonic remembers information from previous conversations, allowing for a natural and engaging experience, regardless of how long it has been since the last chat.
- The most convenient feature of Chatsonic is that it allows for hands-free operation through voice commands, similar to Siri and Google Assistant.
- Chatsonic's feature lets you share, edit or download your conversations with zero need to maintain a separate document.
- ChatSonic API access simplifies the process by allowing for seamless integration with your current software, resulting in a seamless and effortless user experience.
Before making a choice to use ChatGPT by OpenAI, consider evaluating other ChatGPT alternatives like Chatsonic, which could be more suitable for your needs.
Most of these AI writers, including Copy.ai are based on the same technology Open AI’s GPT-3, which is state-of-the-art technology. Copy.ai does it all but is perfect for any form of short copy, from Facebook ad copy to social media copy and landing page copy.
The short-form copies you can generate with Copy.ai AI writer include:
- Digital ad copies
- eCommerce copies
- Sales copies
- Website copies
- Social media ads
In addition to this, users can leverage several free copywriting tools to power their marketing efforts. Some of these free AI tools worth trying are:
- Instagram caption generator
- Sentence rewriter
- Paragraph generator and rewriter
- CTA generator
- Blog post ideas generator
When you are stuck for ideas or looking to improve your writing skills by practicing with different copywriting prompts, Copy.ai is the best tool.
Select the type of copy you want to create, add the context in a few lines, and Copy.ai provides you with multiple options for each campaign.
- Copy.ai can generate 10 unique copies at a time, giving you many options to choose from.
- Powered with grammar checks and multi-language support, Copy.ai is on par with many other AI content generators in the price range.
- Where Copy.ai shines is its simple and intuitive interface that makes it easy for anyone to start writing right away. There is almost no learning curve involved
- This AI writer comes with more than 90 templates, you can say goodbye to creative blocks as their tagline boosts.
- Copy.ai is not always accurate and needs several attempts, especially when it comes to long-form copywriting.
Feature-wise comparison of Writesonic and Copy AI
Jasper (formerly known as Jarvis) is one of the first AI-powered content generators, is incredibly user-friendly, and has a wide range of features for content creation and automation for marketing purposes.
What makes Jasper a widely used AI writer is the fact that it works with several tools that content writers and marketers would find useful. They include:
- Surfer SEO - Jasper’s Starter Plan does not include this integration. The tool is built into Jasper’s interface and works seamlessly, and is available in the Boss Mode plan.
- Grammarly - This integration gives useful suggestions to improve your writing.
- Copyscape - While the integrated plagiarism checker saves time, it is important to note that plagiarism checks are optional and cost $0.03 for the first 200 words and $0.01 for additional 100 words.
- With more than 25 language options, you can create content in the language of your preference.
- Jasper helps you create copies that follow the marketing frameworks like AIDA and PAS.
- Jasper’s intuitive interface is easy to navigate and doesn’t need any special training to begin using it.
- With more than 50 templates, Jasper can inspire you out of writer’s block and help you brainstorm various ideas in a jiffy.
- You can generate up to 10 results at a time. And if you are not satisfied with them, you can create another 10 of them until you are happy with them.
- When Jasper spins the content from scratch, there are chances that some of them are flat-out irrelevant or do not make sense at all, and you have to redo them. But you do have other choices to choose from.
- Users have complained that the copy gets repetitive, especially when you are generating bulk content. To create diverse results, you need to tweak the copy manually. You can have a look at Jasper AI alternatives for a better writing assistant.
How does Jasper compare with Writesonic?
As per G2, Writesonic is the number #1 alternative and competitor to Jasper, as Writesonic has more than 2X reviews than Jasper.
To better understand how Writesonic is better than Jasper, you must check Writesonic vs. Jasper comparison. Also, take a look at top 10 alternatives & competitors to Jasper.
Rytr is a jack-of-all-trades kind of AI writer with its long list of AI writing features. However, its specialization in short-form content is what brings it to our list of best AI writers. You can use the platform to create copies for social media, website landing pages, or even product descriptions.
If you need help developing ideas and getting the ball rolling, Ryter is the AI writer that generates quality content quickly and easily. By offering a balance between an easy-to-use interface and accurate predictions, Rytr AI writer is a great tool for marketers looking to get the most out of their AI writing assistant.
However, many users have reported inferior content output quality. You would need to dedicate time to editing the article, especially when you are writing blog posts with the AI writing tool. The sentences are confusing, and the AI-generated content often lacks a natural flow.
- Rytr can rephrase already written content and is a lifesaver if you are looking to refurbish your existing content. It can also shorten or expand existing content in a few minutes.
- It also has a built-in grammar check and plagiarism tool to help you keep your content generation process smoother.
- Rytr allows input in 30+ languages and can easily generate content based on them.
- It also has an API option to integrate with your own apps without having to use their web app.
- Their customer support often remains unresponsive.
- Rytr is slower to offer bug updates or roll out new features than other AI writers.
Frase is a powerful AI content generator that helps content strategists, writers, and marketers research, write, and optimize content. The AI writer combines the benefits of quick content generation with an SEO tool, helping marketers ensure their writing is aligned with business goals.
For busy content marketers looking to go from creating a brief to publishing articles quickly, Frase is an excellent choice.
- It can generate a content outline for any topic by analyzing the first 20 SERP results. This can be a powerful arsenal for writing long-form content and ranking high in search results.
- From Quora to Reddit, Frase’s AI will research and provide vital information on the keyword ranking and monthly search volume and map out what works for your competitors and what does not.
- It is a great tool for writing FAQ sections and long-form articles.
- Frase’s research stops at what your competitors do to rank in the SERP. It is not very helpful when you want to write an original topic in your niche.
- It doesn’t do a good job when it comes to the introduction and conclusion parts of the article.
#6. Smart Copy by Unbounce
Smart Copy by Unbounce has a user base of over 1,00,000 writers and marketers. You can use this AI writer to ideate, iterate, and write custom, high-quality copy for websites, blogs, landing pages, and ad copies, among many others.
- It has multiple pre-built templates to address the various forms of writing that come up in marketing:
- Email templates
- Product descriptions
- Blog templates
- Website templates
- Ad templates
- Brand templates
- The blog outline feature helps to structure your article based on SEO rank and monthly search volume. It is a great tool for brainstorming content ideas.
- If you want to refurbish or expand an existing article, the remix tool would be a lifesaver.
- When it comes to creating long-form content, Smart Copy’s AI writer is not as evolved as Writesonic or Jasper.
Writer.com stands out with its capability to customize the AI to fit your brand's voice and tone. If you struggle to maintain brand identity across all content formats, Writer.com is one of the best AI writers to resolve your problem. With Palmyra, their proprietary family of LLMs, the platform offers unparalleled content quality.
However, what truly makes Writer.com shine is its user-centric approach. The platform is not just about leveraging AI; but about enhancing human creativity to foster business growth. Content marketers can use it as their collaborative partner, and get assistance to come up with content pieces that perfectly resonate with their audience.
However, Writer.com is all about taking a collaborative approach to getting your content written. But if you were hoping to put your feet up and let the AI do all the work, you need to rethink whether it might not be the right option.
- Writer.com has its own family of open and transparent LLMs (Large Language Models) named Palmyra. These enterprise-Grade models offer top performance, visibility, and control.
- You can create and implement your own style guides, ensuring that content aligns with your brand voice and guidelines.
- The AI writer tool has a Mac desktop app, an enterprise API, and a library of web extensions, including integrations for Chrome, Word, Figma, and Contentful.
- Writer.com prioritizes data privacy, ensuring user data is never stored, shared, or used in their models. Their LLMs are open, inspectable, and offer the option to self-host.
- You can get insights into content performance, readability scores, and other key metrics, helping users understand and improve their content strategy.
- While Writer.com offers some neat customization features, there's a bit of a stiff learning curve.
- It doesn't have access to GPT-3.5 or 4 and relies heavily on Palmyra.
- Costly as compared to some peers with similar features
This best AI writer tool has all the pre-made templates that you need and lets you use your choice of language models from GPT-3.5 or GPT-4 to create personalized content for your audience.
Anyword is more than just an AI writing tool but is the marketers' best friend that comes with loads of unique features. The AI writer offers a Copy Intelligence platform that lets you analyze all your content so that you can understand what messaging works best on which platform.
You can create and follow your own unique brand voice customized for your target audience. Also, as you keep using the platform, you can train the AI models with your brand's performance data to improve and optimize copies so that they can perform better.
However, Anyword is a bit difficult to use with all these advanced features. Especially first-time users might need to go through a stiff learning curve. Apart from that, as far as performance is concerned many users have reported occasional repetition in the generated content.
- Offers contextual Suggestions with appropriate words and phrases, enhancing write-ups and improving vocabulary.
- Brand Voice Management to ensure every generated content aligns with your brand voice and tone.
- Comes with tailor-made AI models based on your brand for enhanced content performance.
- Predictive scoring system to select the best content before publishing.
- Has a Blog Wizard feature that lets you sprinkle focus keywords contextually throughout an article while you can set word limits for each section.
- New users might find the advanced features overwhelming to start with.
- Users report about the generated content is repetitive at times.
- Lack of features such as citation generator.
- The seven-day trial period may feel restrictive as long as getting a test of all the features is concerned.
Although Wordtune is often mentioned as an AI writer, it is more of a Grammarly alternative. The AI writing assistant checks your Grammarly and helps you rewrite and improve your copy to match the tone and flow you’re looking to achieve.
- Wordtune’s AI goes beyond grammar and semantics. It helps you rephrase or find specific words for your content to make it sound better.
- Are you looking to change the tone from casual to more formal language? Wordtune can help you with that.
- Wordtune can be installed on browsers as an extension and can be used on Google Docs and Microsoft Word directly.
- It is essentially a paraphrasing tool and can not help you with writing new content.
- It is available only in English and does not offer any templates or use cases. In other words, Wordtune helps you polish existing content.
Hypotenuse.AI emerges as one of the most efficient and quality AI writing tools, especially for e-commerce and social media content creation. The platform excels in generating product descriptions and unique AI-crafted images, which is what brings it to our list of best AI writers. The AI writing generator is versatile enough to meet other content needs as well.
However, what sets Hypotenuse.AI apart is its instant content generation feature. You need to add a few keywords, and the AI writing tool can create full-length articles, marketing content, and even artwork that resonates with your audience. The platform comes with a unique batch generator feature. Users with e-commerce sites, especially those on platforms like Shopify, can seamlessly import products and let Hypotenuse.AI craft descriptions in bulk.
Though the AI writer has all these unique features, users often complain about the quality of output it generates. You need to check and edit the content piece the AI creates thoroughly. Also, Hypotenuse.AI is much more expensive than its competitors.
- Has a batch generator feature making it ideal for e-commerce site owners to write product descriptions.
- Besides writing, AI can produce unique visuals for blogs or product images.
- Comes with a content detective for quick fact-checking of articles and source identification.
- Has guided prompts for easy content creation, especially for blog posts.
- Content often misses the right alignment and flow. Thus require thorough proofreading before publishing.
- A more extensive template range would have enhanced the utility of the tool.
- Pricing might be a concern for some users, especially compared to the competitors.
With the vast improvement in AI-powered technologies in the past few years, it is currently almost impossible to tell the difference between human-written and machine-generated content. And to get such an effective result, you need to equip yourself with the best writing assistant software.
Choosing a suitable AI writer would come down to the type of content you are generating and the quality of content you are expecting out of the tool.
The capability to handle different types of content without any glitches would be the critical differentiator among these tools. And as of date, only a few tools like Writesonic can do it all. There are multiple AI writers for HR tech as well to explore.