Table of contents
R. R. Martin uses Wordstar 4.0, a DOS word processor.
Quentin Tarantino writes all his screenplays on a legal pad.
J. K. Rowling writes on a bunch of cards.
Successful writers swear by specific online writing tools that help them turn thoughts into written material. Just like these literary legends, choosing the right writing tool can make a difference in your writing.
Of course, when you want to publish content in volumes and with velocity, longhand writing with a pencil/pen on a legal pad isn’t feasible. You need feature-rich, easy-to-use, and affordable writing tools. Unfortunately, a complete list of such efficient writing tools is hard to come by. And that, my friend, is what we offer in this article.
Here are 6 great online writing tools that will help you put down your thoughts in writing or print easily. They will help save hours of brainstorming, and plenty of typing, and even spare you from the trouble of handpicking grammatical errors.
Writesonic - AI writing tool
Modern-day content creation aims to educate users while pleasing search engine bots to give them favorable ranks. Needless to say, the content needs to read well to humans and must also pass rule-based SEO checks. This could be overwhelming for a writer who is already bogged down with content production requirements.
Writesonic, the best AI writing software, brings the cognitive power of Artificial Intelligence to your writing, thereby helping you create better content faster and easier. The AI writing tool can assist in creating all types and formats of content including blogs, landing pages, ad copies, product descriptions, and social media posts, among many others.
Writesonic’s highlight features:
- AI Article Writer
The Article AI Writer lets you create long-form content (2000+ words) for blogs, eBooks, guest blogs, etc. instantly. All you have to do is input the topic, targeted keywords, and desired language, and the AI system takes care of the content creation part. Learn how to write a blog in no time with Writesonic.
- eCommerce product descriptions
Create creative, SEO-friendly, and persuasive product descriptions at scale with the AI product description generator. Be it 100 or thousands, you can create product descriptions at scale without losing much time.
- Ad copy creator
Create benefit-driven ad copy for Facebook, Google Ads, YouTube, and several other channels effortlessly with the Facebook ad generator and Google ad generator. See how to write a social media ad copy in this elaborated post here.
- Website copy generator
Create unique and SEO optimized website copy with this website copy generator that not only generates a landing page headline and CTAs but also benefits with the added features. The best part about Writesonic's landing page generator is it is generated with code, so you can just copy-paste it into your website host to go live.
- Paraphrasing tool
Rewriting paragraphs for better grammatical correctness, reading clarity, and understanding with the paraphrasing tool.
Writesonic has 70+ features across article writing, product descriptions, advertising, general-purpose writing, and others. You can find the complete features listed here.
Further, Writesonic integrates seamlessly with third-party software such as:
Writesonic has two paid plans: Pro and Enterprise.
- The Pro plan starts at $19 per month ($12.67 if subscribed for the annual plan)
- The Enterprise plan is for businesses and works as a custom package.
There is also a free trial plan that gives 10,000 words of premium quality for one user.
How well does Writesonic fare among users?
Writesonic has received great reviews and ratings across all peer-to-peer review websites. Its average rating is above 4 stars which is an indicator of its reliability and utility.
- Capterra - 4.8-star rating
- Software Advice - 5-star rating
- G2 - 4.8-star rating
- GetApp - 4.8-star rating
- Trustpilot - 4.8-star rating
I use Writesonic to develop copywriting materials for a healthcare start-up. It is brilliant at creating blog outlines, making content writing much more efficient. Using Writesonic, I create content around 5-fold faster. It is truly amazing.
~ Clark Brown, Freelance Web Developer
It was a coincidence that I met Writesonic, but I began to create product descriptions and customer interest increased. I also had to write articles for 20 different websites. Writesonic came to my rescue here by creating long and readable articles.
~ Mustafa Y., Startup Founder
Chatsonic - Like Chat GPT with superpowers
GPT-3 technology forms the basis of Chatsonic, much like ChatGPT. It can answer any question in real-time and engage in human-like conversations on various topics.
Similar to ChatGPT, ChatSonic offers a powerful toolset, but with four times the capabilities.
Here is how ChatSonic sets itself apart from ChatGPT!
Let's explore how these advanced capabilities of Chatsonic can generate top-notch content for your brand.
- By harnessing the power of Google search integration, Chatsonic is able to deliver accurate and up-to-date information to users. This integration also enables the generation of unique content and AI-generated visuals.
- ChatSonic's integration with stable diffusion and DALL-E models allows for the generation of AI images that are unique to your content.
- Chatsonic's persona mode enables the generation of AI content that your audience can connect with. By picking a desired persona, Chatsonic will adapt and generate content that aligns with that persona.
- Chatsonic can remember information from previous conversations, allowing it to pick up seamlessly from where the conversation left off, regardless of how long it has been since the last chat, making the interaction feel natural and engaging.
- Chatsonic's best feature is that it understands and accepts voice commands, allowing for a hands-free operation, similar to how you would interact with Siri or Google Assistant.
- Chatsonic offers the ability to share, edit, or download your conversations, eliminating the need for a separate document to save the information.
- ChatSonic API access makes integration with your current software a breeze, resulting in the best user experience.
ChatGPT by OpenAI has gained significant attention, however, it's important to consider other ChatGPT alternatives like Chatsonic before making a decision.
There is one thing that every writer ever is worried about — making a jarring grammar mistake out of oversight or negligence. When you are churning content at scale, petty grammatical mistakes are bound to creep in. Unfortunately, most writers will miss to catch them before it gets published, partly due because the writers themselves are blind to their own mistakes or because of the volume of content.
Either way, grammatical mistakes must never make it to the press. And a tool like Grammarly helps with that. It is an AI-based writing tool that points out grammatical mistakes and punctuation errors, and also offers great suggestions to refine your writing. You can also set the tone and voice in Grammarly to ensure that the suggestions made are also relevant to your writing style or target audience.
- Real-time grammar correction
- Contextual explanations
- Writing improvements
- Vocabulary enhancements
- Browser can become slower
- Corrections might take time to reflect
- Available only in English
- Premium - $12 per month
- Business - $15 per month
How well does Grammarly fare among users?
~ Marketing consultant
One of the challenges of writing for the web is finding information, organizing them, and then reusing them when necessary. While there are word processors that help with writing, they do not do a fine job of organizing information for quick retrieval. Evernote addresses that challenge.
It is one of the best note-taking writing tool that can be used on the web, mobile, and even on tablets. It allows you to create separate notebooks for each topic and within each notebook individual notes of various formats like text, tablets, images, checklists, and much more. Evernote is also available in the form of desktop applications for Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
- Seamless syncing across devices
- Best way to organize information
- Scan physical documents
- Share and documents for collaboration
- Pricing based on file size
- Expensive premium plans
- Is not a substitute for word processors
- Personal - $7.99
- Professional - $14.99
How well does Evernote fare among users?
~ Kelley S
Although Evernote has been winning hearts for a long time, of late it has started getting some bad reviews from customers.
~ Nicole R
Ernest Hemingway is a writer who is known for his simple-on-the-surface yet deep-in-substance writing style. It is a writing style most of us would want to emulate if we wish to engage our readers. Fortunately, there is a tool that helps with that.
The Hemingway Editor is a writing tool that will help you weed out complex sentences, common errors that usually skip quick reading, and also several other improvisations. It is guaranteed to make your writing easier to read but without compromising on the essence. The tool uses highlight colors to point out what needs to be improved or replaced to make your writing come close to a style that Hemingway would be proud of.
- Color-coded improvements
- Minimalist distraction-free writing interface
- Make writing simpler and crisper
- Ideal for editing lengthy text content
- Limited features compared to other writing tools
- May not suit everyone’s writing style or requirement
- No browser plugin
- The online version of Hemingway Editor is free.
- The desktop version available for mac and PC is priced at $19.99
How well does Hemingway Editor fare among users?
~ Zahabiya K, Content Writer
But, the editor tool is not for everyone.
~ Mark L. | Freelance writer
In the online publishing space, there is one challenge that every writer faces. It is translating their work into multiple languages without errors. Although there are countless translation services available on the internet, there are very few which serve businesses when it comes to translating marketing content in a strategic manner.
Twords is a solution to that. Twords offers three services — translations, copywriting, and text revision. among a long list of tools that automate content creation, Twords is one service you can rely on if you want to create content or translate it without losing the human touch.
Google Docs is a word processing writing tool forming part of the Google Suite. You can use it for free as an individual user as well as part of the Google Workplace edition. Either way, the tool is a great way to create content of various formats. It rivals Microsoft Word in terms of features and word-processing capabilities. Further, the mobile app is also capable of helping content creation and editing on the go easier.
Google Docs also allows for easy collaboration by adding collaborators in the form of viewers, editors, and owners. Combined with Google Drive, it is one of the most powerful online writing tools a writer can have in their arsenal. Google Docs also comes with a handful of templates (more available on the internet) for diverse purposes.
- Real-time syncing of text content
- Advanced writing and editing features
- Syncs seamlessly with other Google Suite tools
- Extensions and add-ons to maximize productivity
- No standalone desktop application
- Flight feel feature restricted for heavy users of Microsoft Word
- For non-corporate individual users - Free
- Google Workspace business
- Starter - $6 per user per month
- Standard - $12 per user per month
- Plus - $18 per user per month
- Enterprise - Custom pricing
How well does Google Docs fare among users?
~ Boris T, IT services
~ Logan T, Insurance services
Word processes and online writing tools like the ones listed above make writing an effortless endeavor. However, a writer cannot be using a dozen tools for writing. It is necessary to use a few tools efficiently to channel your thoughts into written words.
To make that creative process easier, the AI content writing tools should be easy-to-use, tools that assist in writing, and also editing. Further, it should be easy to collaborate so that multiple stakeholders can review and add their suggestions to the doc to bring it close to publishing or for any other purpose it is meant for.
The tools that we have listed above rank high as writing tools. They can help you write better, faster, and also with minimal errors. They will also simplify collaboration no matter where your team is located, be it in the office or in another continent.
The tool that stands out is Writesonic which offer 2500 free premium words for users like you to try it out.