Table of contents
Are you stuck in the eleventh hour before a big marketing campaign launch, still waiting for visuals?
Take a deep breath 🧘
In the next few minutes, you'll discover how AI image generators can be your creative lifesaver. They're not just quick—they're brilliant, churning out custom visuals that look like they took hours to design.
Don’t worry about the quality!
In this blog post, we've curated a list of the best 14 AI image generators, with details on their AI models and standout features.
Keep reading to find the perfect AI image generator for your business!
Table Of Contents
How does an AI image generator work?
An AI image generator uses algorithms to create new images from text prompts based on the data it has been trained on. The system uses a large dataset of image-text pairs to learn from. These algorithms are mostly based on Generative Adversarial Network (GAN), a neural network.
GAN consists of two main components:
- Generator - creates new images
- Discriminator - evaluates the generated images and provides feedback
The generator initially produces low-quality images, but as it receives feedback from the discriminator, it improves.
Image generated using AI with the prompt - ‘A diverse group working together during a serene sunset’
The AI technology is getting to a point where the generated images are of such high quality that they can be used for various business applications. While it cannot replace your professional photoshoots yet, but it can definitely replace stock photos for social media, emails, and blogs.
Best AI Image Generators at a Glance
|AI Models used
|DALL.E and Stable Diffusion
|$10 for 1000 credits
|$14.99 / month
|Adobe Photoshop - Firefly
|$19 for single download
|Bing AI Image Creator
|Free with limited options
|Midjourney, DALL.E and Stable Diffusion
|Craiyon or Dall-E mini
14 Best AI Image Generators
Best for: Ease of use
AI models used: DALL.E and Stable Diffusion
Writesonic's Photosonic is a cutting-edge AI image generator designed to convert your imagination to realistic images. With just a few clicks, you can generate unique art and images tailored to your needs.
- It supports multiple image and art styles - painting, illustration, clipart, vector design, abstract, and more.
- Photosonic can save you 100s of dollars by generating unique and realistic images for less than $0.01/ image.
- It can also save you all the time searching for stock photos and waiting for creatives from the design team.
- Photosonic enables you to create AI images for social media platforms, blog posts, landing pages, and other marketing channels.
- Photosonic uses special lighting and composition techniques to capture the subject in the best possible way to create human-like portraits.
- The impressive part about Photosonic is it enhances your prompts to get the best image results.
And here is the AI-generated image of the enhanced prompt.
Pricing: As photosonic is a part of Writesonic, you can get on the ‘Free Forever’ plan, where you get 10,000 free words monthly. Every image generated will cost you 200 words. So, you can generate 500 images every month - which is a great deal!
You can also upgrade to a paid plan for $19/ month and get 100,000 words.
2. Dall-E 3
Best for: Content creators and enterprises needing precise text-to-image conversions.
AI models used: DALL-E 2 and ChatGPT
DALL-E 3 changes the way we think about image generation. It's designed to meticulously adhere to the text prompts you provide, creating impressively accurate images.
- A significant improvement over DALL·E 2 in terms of modulations and details.
- Integration with ChatGPT for brainstorming and refining prompts.
- Dall-E 3 includes safety features that limit harmful or inappropriate content.
- The creative control option allows creators to opt out of their images from training data of future image generation models.
Pricing: Dall-E 3 is part of the ChatGPT Plus subscription ($20/ month) as of now. It is also available to enterprise customers.
A side-by-side comparison of Dall-E 3 vs Midjourney.
Best for: Artists and businesses looking for precise and style-adaptable images.
AI models used: Midjourney
Midjourney stands out for its versatility in art styles and user responsiveness. It's a high-quality image generator that heavily depends on prompts to generate a detailed image.
- High-resolution images that are suitable for printing and digital platforms
- A wide array of stylistic options from abstract to realistic
- Features like Zoom Out, Make Square, Variation Mode, and Stylize for advanced customization
Designing product packaging on Midjourney
Pricing: The free trial gives you 25 image generations. When you're ready to commit, plans start at $10/month and scale up to $60/month for more extensive features.
Check out this detailed guide on how to use midjourney.
4. Dream studio
Best for: Graphic designers, businesses, and creatives who want affordable AI-images.
AI models used: Stable Diffusion text-to-image and natural language processing.
DreamStudio is a web app loaded with generative design tools to whip up AI-generated images. It's a user-friendly, affordable alternative to more costly platforms and is packed with customizable features.
- Makes sure your generated image jives well with your text prompts, thanks to CLIP Guidance.
- Dreamstudio lets you create new images or modify existing ones with more control with the Image-To-Image and masking features.
- If you want to avoid specific elements in the image, you can do so with negative prompts.
- Gives you a variety of advanced settings to customize image generations.
Pricing: New users get 25 free credits. Credits can be purchased starting at 1000 for $10. No monthly subscription is available.
5. Canva AI
Best for: Teams and individuals who need custom images fast, without complex software.
AI models used: Stable Diffusion
Canva AI Image Generator, also known as Magic Media, not only brings your creative ideas to life but simplifies the design process in ways you've never imagined. Here's what sets it apart:
- User-friendly Text to Image feature lets you generate art just by typing a few words.
- Curved text generator spices up your designs, breaking the monotony of straight lines.
- Multiple photo effects you can apply instantly to glam up your images.
- Comes with an AI photo editor for quick, on-the-fly adjustments to your photos.
Free to use with up to 50 image generations. For more features, Canva Pro starts at $119.99/year, and Canva for Teams starts at $29.99/month for up to 5 people.
6. Adobe Photoshop - Firefly
Best for: Designers and creatives needing custom visuals and text effects quickly
AI models used: Generative AI models integrated with Adobe's Creative Cloud (Firefly)
Adobe Firefly is your go-to generative AI software, especially if you're already in the Adobe ecosystem. From photorealistic images to snazzy text styles, this tool makes your design process a breeze.
- You can produce both realistic and imaginary images from text prompts.
- Text styles and textures can also be generated using simple text inputs.
- Adobe Firefly supports vector-based manipulation, allowing for the upload and editing of SVG files.
- The tool is integrated with key Adobe applications like Photoshop and Illustrator, so it fits right into your existing workflow.
Pricing: Adobe Firefly offers a Free Plan with 25 generative credits. Paid plans start at $4.99 per month and go up to $60 per month for full Creative Cloud access.
7. Shutterstock AI
Best for: Designers, marketers, and business owners
AI models used: DALL·E 2
Shutterstock AI Image Generator is a user-friendly platform that turns text descriptions into AI-generated photos. It's unique in compensating contributors for their role in the AI process. The tool is part of Shutterstock's broader offering, designed to fit seamlessly into creative and business workflows.
- Transforms text prompts into images in various AI art styles in seconds.
- Commercially usable and safe for license.
- Available in multiple languages and included with paid customers' packages.
- Takes an ethical approach, ensuring artists involved are recognized and rewarded.
Pricing: You can create up to 10 images for free upon sign-up. Paid plans start at $19 for a single download, with various subscription and bulk options available.
8. Bing AI Image Creator
Best for: Creative minds using Bing chat or Microsoft Edge, and those looking for a quick way to generate images from text.
AI models used: Advanced version of OpenAI's DALL-E
Bing AI Image Creator lets users conjure up images from text prompts. It's integrated into Bing chat and available on Microsoft Edge. This tool has guidelines to ensure the generated content is appropriate.
- Generate images by typing a description, providing context, and choosing an art style.
- Fully integrated into Bing chat, initially rolling out in Creative mode.
- Available in Microsoft Edge.
- Images may contain watermarks to identify them as AI-generated.
- "Boosts" speed up image processing; more can be earned through Microsoft Rewards.
Pricing: Free to use, with a "boost" system to quicken the process. No paid plans are currently available for this specific tool.
Best for: Content creators, graphic designers, and marketers looking for a quick way to turn text into images.
AI models used: Not disclosed
VEED.IO's AI Image Generator is a no-fuss tool that transforms your text prompts into images. It operates straight from your browser and is part of VEED.IO's comprehensive video editing software.
- Generates images from text prompts in real time.
- It is easy to use - Just type, click, and your image is ready.
- Free to use with no credit card required.
- Versatile applications: Ideal for web design, social media, presentations, and more.
- Includes a variety of AI image generators like Random Image, AI Art, AI Portrait, and AI Background.
Pricing: The AI Image Generator itself is free. VEED.IO's video editing software, which includes this feature, offers a Pro Plan for $24/month (annual billing) and a Business Plan for $300/year.
10. Deep AI
Best for: Designers, content creators, and businesses looking for a customizable AI-powered image generator.
AI models used: Deep learning algorithms and neural networks.
Deep AI's image generator is a robust tool that turns your text prompts into images. With a vast style library and attribute customization, it offers endless possibilities for unique image creation.
- Text-to-image capability for generating images based on textual descriptions.
- Attribute customization lets you tweak details like hair color, clothing, and background.
- Offers both free and Pro versions with varying features.
- AI-based, leveraging deep learning to create images.
- Unlimited unique images can be created, even in the free version.
Pricing: Free version with limited features available. The pro version costs $4.99/month, offering a range of added features like a complete styles library and API access.
11. Fotor AI
Best for: Content creators, designers, and anyone interested in hassle-free image generation with various styles.
AI models used: Not disclosed
Fotor AI Image Generator is your go-to online tool for creating an array of image styles effortlessly. Whether it's text-based prompts or editing an existing image, this tool is versatile and user-friendly.
- Offers multiple image styles, including concept art, realistic, cartoon portraits, and more.
- The text-to-image feature allows the creation of images from textual prompts.
- Can edit existing images, offering a creative twist to them.
- Free to use with various customization options.
- Also features the Fotor AI Illustration Generator for creating different types of illustrations.
Pricing: Fotor Basic is free. Paid plans include Fotor Pro at $3.33/month and Fotor Pro+ at $7.49/month, both billed annually.
Best for: Designers, content creators, and individuals who need quick, custom-made images.
AI models used: Midjourney, DALL.E, and Stable Diffusion
Freepik AI Image Generator is a user-friendly online tool that turns your words into images, and it's as versatile as it is powerful. Whether you're starting from scratch or tweaking a provided prompt, creating your ideal image is just a few clicks away.
- Free to use, easy, and versatile
- Create up to 3 AI images a day with 4 different twists
- Choose from various styles like 3D images, textures, and futuristic landscapes
- No hassle: just sign in, describe your image, and hit generate
Pricing: The free version allows up to 10 AI images with 4 twists each. Premium version at $12/month billed annually for up to 40 images per day and extra features.
Best for: Mobile creators and designers who want quick image generation from text prompts.
AI models used: Not disclosed
The Picsart AI Image Generator is a quick and intuitive feature within the Picsart mobile app. It turns any text—words, phrases, or sentences—into unique images, and you can edit them right there in the app.
- Generate up to 4 images from a single text prompt
- Styles range from 3D and hyperrealism to animal themes
- Flexible customization settings like quality, colors, and mood
- Created over 500 million images since its debut in November 2022
Pricing: The AI Image Generator is free. Picsart offers Plus and Pro plans at $5 and $7 per month respectively, with a 7-day free trial for Pro.
14. Craiyon or Dall-E mini
Best for: Casual and enterprise users looking for quick, text-to-image AI solutions.
AI models used: DALL·E
Craiyon is an AI image generator that takes your text and turns it into visual content. It's got a user-friendly website and offers both free and paid plans. It's a favorite for those who appreciate pop culture references in their AI-generated images.
- Create images from text descriptions in styles like art, drawing, or photo
- Library of existing images to inspire your queries
- Option to use negative words for excluding certain elements
- Versatility in image styles: "illustration," "photorealistic," "high definition"
- Faces may come out contorted, but the tool is improving
- Open-source under Apache 2004 license, with code available on Hugging Face and GitHub
Pricing: Free version with ads and limitations, Supporter Plan at $5/month, Professional Plan at $20/month, and a customizable Enterprise Plan.
How to use an AI image generator?
Not all AI image generators are easy to use. If you look at tools like Midjourney, the learning curve is steep. It includes a long and complex process where you set various parameters like zoom out, make square, variation mode, and more to generate the perfect AI image.
There are also AI image generators like Photosonic that are user-friendly and generate the best images at the same time.
You can use Photosonic - AI image generator, with just 4 simple steps.
Step 1: Log in to your writesonic account. If you do not have one, create one for free here. You can claim your free 10,000 words (~500 images) if you are a first-time user.
Step 2: After logging in or setting up an account, look for Photosonic in the navigation menu on the left side of the interface. Photosonic is Writesonic's dedicated tool for generating images, and it can be accessed through the app for an all-in-one text and image solution.
Step 3: Once you click on Photosonic, you'll land on its main page within Writesonic. Here's where you input the prompt. Whether you're thinking of faces, landscapes, surreal art, or objects, type it in. You can also peek at some recent pieces for a jolt of inspiration.
You can also click on ‘try an example’ to get inspiration for writing prompts. And also use ‘Enhance prompt’ to improve the prompt for better AI image generation.
Be Specific - Use detailed descriptions to help the AI visualize exactly what you want in the image.
Use Descriptive Adjectives and Context - Layer your prompts with adjectives and setting to guide the AI's creativity.
Test and Tweak - Don't settle for the first result; experiment with different phrasing to get the ideal image.
Learn how to write perfect ChatGPT prompts.
Step 4: When you're ready, press the 'Generate' button.
Choose the best AI image generator for your business
We have covered the ins and outs of AI image generators, focusing on the 14 best options out there. While every tool is unique, Photosonic stands out for its advanced features and versatility. It is perfect for businesses looking to create high-quality and customizable images at the click of a button. And the user-friendly interface makes the whole process a breeze.
1. What is an AI image generator?
An AI image generator uses AI algorithms to create visual content based on text prompts or other inputs. Instead of needing a human artist to create images, you just type in a description, and the tool generates a corresponding image. These can range from simple drawings and photos to more complex pieces like fantasy art.
AI image generators have diverse applications, from content creation and marketing to research and development. They offer a quick, often cost-effective, way to generate visuals but come with their own set of legal and ethical considerations.
2. What is the best AI image generator?
If you're looking to strike a balance between advanced features and user-friendliness, Photosonic is your best bet. It's versatile, easy to use, and offers both free and paid plans to cater to different needs. With Photosonic, you're not just getting an image generator; you're getting a complete package of AI content creation tools for your business, like AI Article Writer 5.0, AudioSonic, ChatSonic, and more.
3. Is DALL-E 3 free to use?
No, DALL-E isn't free to use. It is available only to ChatGPT Plus users and enterprise customers. The ChatGPT Plus subscription costs $20/ month.
4. How to train an AI image generator?
Training an AI image generator requires some technical knowledge. First, gather a dataset with images and their corresponding text labels. Then, use a machine learning framework like TensorFlow or PyTorch to create the model architecture. Once that's set, configure the parameters and train the model on your dataset. Be prepared for a heavy computational load. The end result is a customized AI image generator tailored for your business needs.
5. What are the legal and ethical implications of AI-generated images?
The use of AI-generated images brings up legal and ethical challenges. Issues range from copyright concerns, as these images often source from the internet without proper attribution, to murky ownership rights due to a lack of human involvement.
The fairness of entering AI-generated art in competitions also poses questions, as does the potential for generating stereotypical or sexualized portrayals. These matters underscore the need for responsible and ethical use of AI-generated images.
6. Can I use an AI-generated image for commercial purposes?
Whether you can use an AI-generated image for commercial purposes largely depends on the terms of service of the tool you're using. Some platforms offer commercial licenses as part of their paid plans, enabling unrestricted use for business endeavors. Always consult the terms and conditions of the specific AI image generator you're using before proceeding with commercial usage.